- To qualify for acceptance at FISF, applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Students must be beyond the age of compulsory education (age 16) in the State of Florida.
• Provide a valid driver’s license, state ID with photo, or valid passport.
• An applicant for admissions must have completed high school or a high school equivalency, such as a general educational development (GED) certificate
In the absence of the above documentation, the applicant shall -before enrolling- demonstrate their Ability-to-Benefit (ATB) from the education offered by satisfactorily passing a test approved by the U.S. Department of Education. The ATB test used by this institution is the Wonderlic Basic Skills Test. Applicants must score a minimum of 200 Verbal and 210 Quantitative.
• Complete required Admissions Application and documents.
- • Write an essay on 'The Effects of the Fashion Industry on the Environment' explaining how your brand will minimize the impact: 400 -650 words.
- *Before applying to enter our Fashion Apparel Design Program, students must enroll in our prerequisite course: Sewing for Beginners here and complete all samples in Stitch Album.
The final decision regarding acceptance will be made by the School President after the submission of all required documents, review of complete samples in Stitch Album, applicant meeting, and all minimum requirements stated above. Completion of minimum Admissions requirements does not guarantee admittance into a program.
Questions? Click here to tour the school and to meet with an advisor.
Individuals that do not meet the requirements listed above are welcome to attend and learn from us by enrolling in any of our 30+ “Short Fashion Courses”